Thursday, April 21, 2011

Makeup for 8-12 yr olds

walmart04_thumb.jpgWalmart is going after the tween (ages 8-12) market (and their parents' wallets) with the newGeoGirl beauty line. That 8-year-olds need lipstick is another debate, but this line will offer colorful cosmetics and "mother approved" makeup products. According to a recent article in Women's Wear Daily, the formulas are designed for young skin and have natural ingredientslike white willow bark to exfoliate, chamomile, lavender and calendula to calm and antioxiodants. (Sounds a little much for a tweener, but I not a parent to one.)

There's a cleanser, mineral blush, liquid2power shadow, feather-lash mascara, face shimmer and body mist, among the offerings. The line, which will replace the space vacated by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen cosmetics in Walmart, is set to debut next month in stores and at geogirl.com.

I don't know about you but I dont think little girls should where makeup, being a makeup artist I know how harsh makeup can be on your skin if not worn properly. I'm OK with the skin cleansing mainly because puberty starts within that age frame and maybe a little lip gloss, but mineralized blush, foundation etc. absolutely not.

1 comment:

  1. I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower as well.

    ReplyDelete